Now Reading
Tamara Bell-Walker, 45: Husband Found Dead 1 Month After She Goes Missing

Tamara Bell-Walker, 45: Husband Found Dead 1 Month After She Goes Missing

Tamara Bell-Walker

For a case that is shrouded in such mystery, I have to say I’m disappointed in the lack of coverage of this case. However, of what could be found, the story of 45-year-old Tamara Bell-Walker and her husband, Corey Walker, leaves readers with more questions about what happened to the couple than answers. Depending on the news source or agency, Tamara went missing from Little Rock, Arkansas on May 5 or May 6 of 2020. On May 29, her vehicle was located in-state, however, the exact location remains unclear. Things would take an even more concerning turn when, almost a month later to the date, Corey was found dead of a gunshot wound to the chest.

There are several layers to this case and much of the information provided in reports came courtesy of Tamara’s father, Calvin Bell. He told the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette that in February 2020, just months prior to his daughter going missing, Tamara Bell-Walker complained to him about a houseguest. The person was staying with Corey and Tamara and there was some sort of contention, and according to Calvin, it wasn’t long after Tamara spoke of the disagreements that she ceased contact with her father altogether. Calvin said he tried reaching out, but he never received a response.

Tamara Bell-Walker Missing Corey Walker
Tamara Bell-Walker

On May 3, things changed when Calvin received a text from his daughter—at least, that is what it seemed at first. He became suspicious when “Tamara” told him that she had been taking her medication. For Calvin, this message was a strange declaration. Tamara Bell-Walker was diagnosed with bipolar disorder and received disability. She previously severed in the Navy.

“She would never announce she was taking her meds,” said Calvin. He texted his daughter’s number and said that he needed Tamara to call him because it was abnormal for her to go that long without contact. Someone replied, seemingly Tamara, saying that she dropped her phone in the bathtub and needed to purchase another one. Again, Calvin responded by insisting that he hear Tamara’s voice or else he would reach out to the authorities. Because he was living in Mexico, it was impossible for Calvin to immediately see his daughter.

It was Calvin’s birthday on May 13, and when Tamara didn’t reach out to send well wishes, he called the police in hopes that they would execute a welfare check.

“That morning usually she would call me up singing me some crazy birthday song that she just made up and most of the time it’s early in the morning like five o’clock because she wants to be the first one to call me,” said Calvin. “I didn’t get a call so as the day went on I sent a message at 8:37 in the evening and said ‘Tamara, I hope and pray you are well. I know that something is going on with you now because you would have called me on my birthday.'”

Tamara Bell-Walker Missing Corey Walker
Corey Walker

Calvin went on to say that he was told police interviewed Tamara’s husband on June 1, and Corey reportedly told authorities that he had been out of town in Kentucky, was on his way back to Arkansas, and hadn’t heard from Tamara since May 5. Corey was said to have told investigators that he feared someone was trying to kill him. However, details of any alleged threats have not been shared publicly. Four days later on June 5, Pine Bluff, Arkansas police responded to a call about shots fired. When they arrived at the scene, they found that a vehicle had collided with a pole. When they looked inside, they found Corey Walker with a gunshot wound to the chest.

A press release from the police department went out stating that Corey’s death was ruled a suicide. Pine Bluff Lt. David DeFoor quickly reacted, updating that a cause of death had not yet been confirmed and Corey’s death was still actively being investigated. It is unclear if this death is connected to the disappearance of Tamara Bell-Walker and the status of this investigation two years later remains unknown.

“The original information came from an investigator who went to the autopsy,” said DeFoor. “Until there’s substantial evidence that it was a suicide, this will continue to be under investigation.”

See Also
Chaunti Bryla

Tamara did not have family in Arkansas and her loved ones fear the worst, especially considering what happened to her husband.

At the time of her disappearance, Tamara Bell-Walker stood 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighed 110 pounds. She had black/dark brown hair and brown eyes. Tamara reportedly has tattoos on her arm and her chest, as well a pierced ears.

Anyone with information about this case is urged to contact the Little Rock Police Department at (501) 371-4510 or their local authorities. The agency case number is 2020-059603.

Please share this story about Tamara Bell-Walker to help reignite the investigation into her disappearance. She is our sister and her life matters.

View Comments (0)

Copyright © 2022 Our Black Girls, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Scroll To Top